Enhanced benefits delivery results in record number of active enrollments
To ensure their 4,300 employees brought their “best selves” to work every day, one of our clients recently introduced a new benefits administration platform to help their employees maximize their health benefits. Since the organization had been in business for more than 75 years, however, the HR team knew change like this would not be easy.
Fortunately, the platform they chose came with a thoughtful and empathetic employee decision guidance tool. And, the HR team was able to take advantage of the system’s robust communications functionality to educate their employees.
The Client’s Challenges
- As one of the nation’s largest non-profit health plans with 3.1 million members, this employer felt a responsibility to ensure their own employees “walked the talk” when it came to maximizing their health benefits.
- Since the organization has been in business for more than 75 years, however, the HR team knew introducing a new benefits administration platform would not be easy.
- Employees were used to passive enrollment, often selecting the plan they had the previous year.
Fortunately, the employer had selected the right benefits administration platform—one that provided a thoughtful and empathetic decision guidance tool and robust communications functionality for the HR team.
- That first year, a record number of active enrollments were completed, indicating that employees had proactively reviewed their options more than in previous years.
- In addition, employees chose more voluntary coverage, like supplemental life and supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Participation in some options even doubled over the previous year.