Lifestyle Retailer Changes Benefits to Meet Employee Lifestyles.
A three-year rollout plan with robust communications and state-of-the-market benefits delivery helped this national retailer sell employees on the idea of high-deductible health plans.
A few years ago, one of our clients decided to replace their traditional health plans with high-deductible health plans (HDHPs). With more than 27,000 employees in 1,700 retail stores in 49 states, they knew it would be a large undertaking. So, they went with a phased-in approach, increasing the number of HDHPs available each year while decreasing, and eventually eliminating, their traditional plans.
- A widely dispersed workforce
- Employees demanded more affordable coverage options
- Previous options included only traditional plans
During Annual Enrollment, options and costs were clearly displayed in the Benefitsolver platform to allow team members to understand their full suite of choices. For those who wanted personalized guidance, the company leveraged Businessolver’s MyChoiceSM Recommendation Engine, a proprietary online guidance tool.
- During the first year, HDHP adoption exceeded expectations by more than 200%
- During the second year, health savings accounts (HSAs) more than tripled