In year one, a silver-level high-deductible health plan (HDHP) was introduced. In year two, one traditional plan was eliminated, while bronze and gold HDHPs were added to the mix. In year three, the final traditional plan was retired, leaving three levels of the HDHP as the only current options. Health savings accounts (HSAs) were also introduced in year one with company seed money.
- As part of the integrated communications strategy, the HR team created numerous employee touch points, including:
- A multi-media plan for annual enrollment
- Web-based educational updates and notices, including an online cost calculator
- Case studies to help team members understand different
- cost and coverage scenarios
During Annual Enrollment, options and costs were clearly displayed in the Benefitsolver platform to allow team members to understand their full suite of choices. For those who wanted personalized guidance, the company leveraged Businessolver’s MyChoiceSM Recommendation Engine, a proprietary online guidance tool. By answering a set of personal questions, team members got a personalized recommendation without having to do any complex plan comparisons.